Sunday, January 30, 2011

My cake class

So for Christmas, Ammon bought me the best presents. Cake decorating classes and everything that goes with it. He truly must have been inspired because he couldn't have done a better job (and I didn't even know I wanted this before I got it!). So I got to take a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday nights for two weeks to go to this decorating class. I learned a lot--about how much I thought I knew about cakes! I had always been so nervous doing "just frosting" and this class really helped me with getting over that fear. I learned about the different tips, what I am better at than I thought and ALL the many things that I need to practice. We got to make our own frosting, cupcakes and cakes, plus got to decorate all we wanted. I even met some fun ladies! Excited for all the birthdays that we have coming up!
No Ammon's name is not on here because I ran out of purple frosting (and room). I was not going to try to squeeze things in with a color that didn't "match." Yes, I'm weird. Shut up.

Thank you Ammon! You're such a good husband and a GREAT gift giver!

0 comments: