Sunday, January 16, 2011

Amelia turns 7 (WHAT THE?)

You know where I was in 2004? A senior in high school having the best time. Especially in January. It was Sadies and softball was starting. I had a boyfriend. That was the life. Then, my brother decided to make it that much more memorable and have the first grandchild that same time. We couldn't have been more thrilled to have Amelia. Since they were living at and going to BYU at the time, I didn't get close to her until I went to the U the next year (at her first birthday), but I sure got attached to her. I will always have a special place for her in my heart no matter how old she gets (which I can't believe she is already 7. Where has time gone really?). This year, since Gina was on bedrest, it was hard for her to do anything for her so we decided to have FHE and base it around Amelia's birthday. We went to Sloan's and it was so much fun getting to see her open presents. We got her some books (Tangled and Berenstain Bears New Baby--rather appropriate huh?!) and I love watching her learn. She is so smart and talented and I couldn't imagine our family without her!

(We miss you Dad)
I made her cakes (kind of!). I just bought some and added her name and some flowers. With more time, she'll have a better cake next year when she turns 8. Can't believe it!
That's our Hello Kitty bag. Does Amelia like this? No clue. But for some reason when we were buying her present, Matthew kept telling me that "A-me-wa likes that." I wonder if she had this one time with her or wore a shirt with this and he remembered it since. Well, he just wanted to buy her that bag and I couldn't resist. Too cute!

The kids playing. Matthew always loves seeing his cousins.

0 comments: