Monday, January 31, 2011

January 2011

The first Sunday of the year found Chris and Matthew matching. He also likes to make Chris's lunches for work. This was his first sandwich and he was so proud of himself.
My good friend Shawnta, a wife of Ammon's army buddy, had signed up to be a Beachbody coach at the beginning of the year and she asked me if I wanted to go and work out with Tony Horton at the Marriott in Summerlin. I knew I couldn't pass this up. Since I hadn't worked out in a while, I was SO SORE the next few days. It was a blast getting to see him in person (and meet him and get my book signed) but better to work out with him. He's EXACTLY the same in person as he is in P90X. I LOVED it.
The rarity of Matthew falling asleep in places other than his bed is even more erratic than snow in Las Vegas. This winter day had found the weather un-typically cold outside and he crawled up on the couch and put the pillow over his face and fell asleep. (Feet crossed of course!) Cody came into town with his parents and we decided to go to dinner. Macayo's it was. I hadn't been there in a while and I had forgotten how good it was. It's always good to see Cody and Dennis and Janice; we just wish it was for a reason other than her having to make a trip down here to see a doctor.
Since Las Vegas's fall does NOT come during the traditional autumn season, we got to take advantage of our leaves late in January. It's a sad day when we can wear short sleeves when the rest of the country is carving sculptures in the deep ice found on their windshields every morning and literally trekking to school 5 miles uphill (in the snow). We enjoyed it nonetheless, and especially Matthew, my mom and Brooklyn. Matthew got to take advantage of his new tractor from Grandma Moya and had to do it everyday afterwards.

0 comments: