Tuesday, May 4, 2010

3 years ago

I started to search through over 1500 pictures in hopes to reminisce about our wedding three years ago today. Well, a fifteen minute hopeful turned into a two hour project! I stopped to look at all the details that I couldn't remember and got to see simple things I'd forgotten about. Whether it was two people falling in the ponds at the Terrace, the gray clouds with a few drops on us at the temple, "getting ready" shots complete with all the tuxes and flowers...I could go on about all the things that made my wedding so memorable. Still to this day, I have not seen another wedding announcement that I've liked more. I have thought over and over if there would have been something that I would've changed about that day. Other than having Ammon's family with us in the temple, I cannot and have not been able to think of one single thing that I would've changed. I loved the colors, the day, the place, the food, the cake, my dress, EVERYTHING. I lucked out that the groom was so hot and that I had such great parents of the bride willing to take care of every want. When I told them we had no choice but to pay for all the dresses and tuxes, they spent the money. What would I do without such giving parents?! And...perhaps one of the most important parts of the entire thing, our photographers! Trish and Jared were such great sports and I could type for hours all our memories from our Mt Charleston shots to Lake Mead and my aunt taking pictures. The whole day was a blast and every year when May 4th comes around, I can't help but think how lucky I am that I was raised to believe in something so wonderful and REAL as eternal marriage. We were married in the temple and THAT was the best part about it. Even though that day I wouldn't remember much that was said, since then, I've come to realize just how important that decision really is!

Here are a few shots I just couldn't resist in sharing.

Oh if only he knew what he was getting himself into!

The best parents anyone could ask for (except Matthew that is!)

Many funny moments with Trish and Jared

Unborn Gavin




This is our relationship pretty much summed up right here



Gotta love Cody

Kathan in the pond!


LOVED the set up, the flowers, the head table, the bows.

This is still my most favorite cake I've ever seen

Love our M&Ms

My dress was so fabulous and I even tried it on the other day (still fits and still love it)
Our first dance to "I'll Be"

All the Army guys in Class As dancing to "I'm Already There"

Ammon embarrassed when "Christopher Robbin" started to play on our video

What all the bridesmaids got while we were getting ready



3 comments:

Erin said...

I just have to tell you... Kenley is sitting on my lap as I look at your wedding pictures, and she keeps pointing at you and Ammon. So, I said, 'Chelsea!' And she said, "Gel-gea!' Aw. She knows your name. :)

sloan said...

you looked amazing and I love reminiscing about my wedding... what a fun day and I loved your wedding day even though I was fat!!!! it was sooooo fun!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures Chelsea! Your wedding was beautiful and you look absolutely amazing!