Friday, March 18, 2011

Goldie

Matthew doesn't have many friends. Okay, I guess you aren't supposed to have a BFF when you're 2, and I guess he doesn't really go anywhere to meet "new" people like adults or teenagers do. But, one friend he has invited him to a party. What's hilarious about 2 and 3 year olds is that they don't really "play" with each other. They play around each other. This party was no different because well, it was at the park. Maddie, Tabby's daughter, invited us for her Little Mermaid party. Let me tell you what a good job Tabby did! She made the cake (never got a picture unfortunately) and had some great decorations for this Under the Sea theme. I think I had more fun than the kids. But isn't that the point of little kids' parties? I totally think it's for the adults, because the little toddlers will NEVER appreciate the hours you put into it!
Well, as the favor for this party, he got a new pet. He knew exactly who this pet was and what his name was going to be because of his favorite series of books. The Berenstain Bears have a goldfish, he says. Goldie. Before we even left the park, the fish was named. He was excited to go home and feed him. And he was a great pet. He lasted days longer than Gavin and Reese's. The reason he died? A certain little visitor put some weird stuff in his water. Never knew what it was and Matthew never really asked about him afterwards, but I'm convinced that we could've had this fish for years. Why? When I was a senior in 2004, I got my mom a goldfish for her birthday. He's still alive. Over 7 years old. His name is Nicky II and he sits on the counter to welcome anyone in the home. The one before that was also named Nicky and he lasted six years. I guess it's all about how you take care of them. (Note to anyone who has a goldfish, don't ask Margaret to babysit!)
RIP GOLDIE
March 16, 2011-March 22, 2011

0 comments: