Friday, February 25, 2011

February Happy Birthdays 2011

I often complain about February when I really shouldn't or really need to. Here are some of the plus sides to having my whole family's birthdays in one month (other than my dad): 1. I don't have to worry about any other month. Okay that's it. But, it is a good point. At least I know when they all are and it's easy for me to plan that way. I know that a month after Christmas is going to be another tough month!
FEBRUARY 4th
We haven't gotten to celebrate Chris's birthday with him for the last two years so it was a nice different thing for us (and better not having to send things like pens clear across the world!). I got to make his cake and I have to say it is probably my most favorite one I've ever done. Was it because it was perfect? No. But this is why:
I ended up making the NY too big for the cake because you can't even see the NYC skyline or the pinstripes, but it's there. I think one of my favorite parts is the lettering. Edible pens are a great GREAT thing and I loved getting to do the baseball stitching on them. These are two of my most favorite people outside Ammon and Matthew. I'd have to say I'm closest to them over anyone else. (Followed closely by Sloan, Joanna and Cody).

We went to dinner at Claim Jumper and it is always a good choice except I can never decide what the heck I'm going to get. Ammon was a work (like usual--oh the joys of working swing shift on the strip. Never around when any activity is going on), but we got to go with Sloan, Zane and the kids. Fun night!
Matthew sure loves his Uncle Chris.
FEBRUARY 9th
Reesey Reesey. The Reesinator. My favorite little girl. I love her so much. Can she get any cuter? No. No way. She sure gives Gavin a fight that's for sure! I got to make her cupcakes for her adorable party Sloan threw for her that night. These were so much fun because they fit the Minnie Mouse theme perfectly. Black candy melts, a fondant bow and Junior Mint bites as polka dots. Had so much fun and I have been wanting to do them since! Her party was at the Hadfield's house and it looked SO SO SO COOL! Sloan did such a good job (like always).
One of my favorite parts was the tissue balls. And the Minnie Mouse balloon adds a lot.
Everyone had to wear pink. I looked in Matthew's closet. Nothing. Nothing even close. So, I texted Sloan. Please bring something pink for Matthew to wear. She responded. I have plenty of things from Gavin. Hello, look who his mother is! I thought that was funny. What does Matthew wear? Baseball. No Ammon again!
FEBRUARY 16th
My mom came next. She turned what? 32 again. Or was it 31? I think that was it. Yes, because she's the same age as Sloan and Shaun. I always forget! We had a good day for her because her friend Jennean always brings one thing: German Chocolate Cake. Amazing stuff. I didn't even need to make anything because we always know Jennean does not disappoint. Matthew loved giving Grandma her presents. I love my mom and I think she is the strongest person I know. I learn more from her every single day. FEBRUARY 18th
Sloan and Shaun turn the same age as my mom. Next year they'll be older. How does that work? I learned a long time ago not to ask!We took Sloan to lunch at Cafe Rio where Tabby met us. It was kind of crazy with a 9-month pregnant lady (Tabs), four toddlers and a lot of presents, but we had fun anyway. Especially the kids. I was going to make Sloan a cake then I remembered that her servings size would have to be that for a Barbie so I didn't think she would really care!
Shaun came over for his birthday that night since Gina couldn't do much for him either. We ate the rest of Jennean's cake and had pie since Shaun is more of a pie kind of guy (don't remember this other than this year, but you go with it right?!).

It was quite a month and I love all the members of my family, especially the grandkids and my siblings. Ammon wasn't around for any of them, but I am hoping that soon he will have a "real job" that allows him to have a "normal" schedule (which in Vegas is NOT common. I guess we'll just have to move!)

Happy Birthday!

0 comments: