Monday, February 28, 2011

February 2011

Well since we have 9000 birthdays just in February, it doesn't leave much time for anything else. I did get to squeeze in a shower for a good friend in our ward though. She had a little boy and we didn't get to have the shower until AFTER Baby Carter arrived, but it sure turned out great since he got to be there to show off his cute little cheeks. We had a blue chocolate fountain that I didn't get a good shot of, but I thought it turned out pretty cute and I am so excited for the Polks! I also am so grateful for my mother. We have done so many "events" (that's so...not a good word for the church activities, showers, birthdays, parties, luncheons, dinners, etc that we've done, but it seems like I've been her "on-call" or "honorary" counselor since I was in high school!). This was no different with us doing it together and good thing we know what to do!
Cutest little boy ever! Born 1/1/11 (how cool is that?!)
I had been wanting to make these baby cake pops for a long time. It took me MANY hours to do this and I told Jessica that night that she is lucky that I like her because there are only FOUR other people I would make these for again, for free (my sister, sister-in-law and future sister-in-law when Chris gets married and Joanna. That's it. And I mean it!). Bakerella actually used white as the baby's head color but I made them peach from trial and error. I didn't even get a shot of the inside--blue of course! I have to admit that it was the PERFECT decoration for the whole shower. I sure look up to the Polks! They're such a good family and I learn a lot from them and how they raise their children and how they are themselves. It's so nice when you can have good people who are still raising their children that the Lord would want them to. That's why we always joke that Matthew is going to marry Gigi. I would love that! Why? Because I know the Polks are awesome parents and that they are going to raise their children to be the spouses I want my children to end up with. (Okay, let's not talk too much about marriage. My son is only 2!)
Matthew and his future bride Georgia (Carter's older sister).

After church one Sunday, I caught both my boys lying the same way on the couches. Matthew sure loves his dad!
Matthew made these cookies for me in nursery one Sunday and I thought it was the cutest thing ever. Being a mom is the best feeling because you always feel special with the smallest hug, smile or any gesture they do.
Valentine's Day turned out to be a great day because I got a new iPhone. And Ammon made me chocolate-covered strawberries. I had a very good day and I got to make cake pops (red velvet of course!), got him Sees Candy and a massage.
Matthew's favorite part of his present? The M&Ms of course. He did love his little Brooklyn though.
One Monday night in February, we had FHE over at Shaun and Gina's house. Chris and I decided that we would be cool and wear our letterman jackets over there! Haven't worn it since I think 2005 at a football game for Chris. I sure loved my coat, but really? We really wore this?! It was fun and we liked to rub it in Shaun's face that the only letter he got was in CHOIR! (Oh yeah softball and even wrestling! ha)

0 comments: