Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmastime

Who can deny that Christmastime is the best time of year? There isn't anything not to love. I think one of the best parts is actually the music. I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC! I love the movies! I love getting to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and going to the Stake Youth Choir concert. I love the parties! I love shopping. I love the lights. I love the smells. I love the smiles and finding the perfect gifts. I love baking and visits. I love reading a story a day until Christmas with Matthew. A moment I will remember the rest of my life? I went into Matthew's room late one night after he was sleeping and sat in the chair. His little Christmas tree was aglow. The Christmas music was softly playing overhead. I looked at him silently sleeping in his Santa pj's. It was peaceful and happy. I remember thinking how lucky I was at that moment. It was a truly joyous time and one of the tender mercies. So simple but one of those times I was so grateful for. It's that feeling that makes Christmas so magical. It is a feeling kids and adults can't ignore.
We got to see Santa this year and Chris was able to go with us.
Chris and Ammon putting on Christmas lights. One night for FHE while Ammon was at work, I decided that Matthew and I would make rice krispies treats trains. He LOVED this! He had a great time decorating and it reminded him of when he made the train at Thanksgiving with his cousins. I just love watching him!
A huge thing for us every Christmas is the movies. There are so many. What made this year so much fun was that Matthew was so much more interested than he's ever been (obviously). He immediately took to loving Elf, Santa Clause and the Grinch. He likes to quote the movies.
humongous (Elf says that)
ginormous
nervous
candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup
New York City (Elf goes there)
And Matthew loves "spaggy" because Elf does. Such a fun movie!
"I'm in big trouble. Umhmm." (We watch that part over and over and over).
He loves this too because why? The innocence of the elves and of Charlie. I literally could watch this movie everyday myself at Christmastime too. I really don't mind that Matthew could either.
Although he doesn't like this one nearly as much as the other two, he really liked this one too. Another he loved? Charlie Brown Christmas.

0 comments: