Monday, June 21, 2010

Matthew's REAL birthday

It seems like the birthday boy had quite the year because after his whole birthday party, we decided to do things on his actual birthday too. We decorated the house that morning and he was able to eat breakfast before we headed off to swim lessons (more on that later).

I'm 2!

Here is the cake I made Matthew for that day. Again, another easy one; didn't turn out as great as I wanted, but nevertheless, Matthew's 2 cake.

After swim lessons, we went to the Multi Gen on Paseo Verde and Sloan, Gavin, Reese, Chris, Ammon, Matthew, me, my mom, Evan and then Callie came with Emma and Owen (it was also Emma's birthday so it was perfect!)

Eating lunch before they swam.





Uncle Chris got Matthew his most favorite present ever...a trash can. Matthew got dozens of other presents, but what did Matthew like most? His trash can. He's pushed it around ever since.

During Matthew's nap, I made his cake, and we woke him up to go to dinner at Famous Dave's since Matthew was able to eat free and since Ammon and I love that place (mostly their cornbread and their pecan pie). My mom and Chris were able to go because my dad was at Scout Camp.


Loved his free dessert and loved everyone singing to him!

We got home and decided to let him open some more presents. (Ammon looks angry here but I promise, he wasn't!)

Ammon got Matthew an official size soccer ball and this amazing present that Chris and I like more than Matthew does--Yankees baseball cards all mounted on a plaque. It was great.

I got Matthew a new Children's Song book (he loves to sing and he picks out a song every night for us to sing after we read scriptures. Since it's illustrated, it is the coolest book). I also got him some new pool toys he learned to love from swim lessons, and some new Toy Story undies. We got him some new clothes, not that he needed them, but he sure loved wearing his new Buzz undies!

Grandma Moya and Bill sent Matthew some great presents and Matthew sure loved the food they sent him (I love the clothes!). He also got other cards in the mail from Grandpa Mark and his great grand parents on Ammon's and my side. This boy sure is spoiled! My mom and dad got him toys for the bath, toys for inside, new clothes and bedding plus are getting him a brand new toddler bed for when we move to North Carolina. I'm excited for that one (I think)!

With his trash can and Uncle Chris. Matthew and Chris have gotten to be quite close since he got home. We are just fortunate to get to live in the same house and I'm scared for when we leave and for when Chris moves to go to school, but it sure has been fun while he's been here.

Cake time!

He LOVED blowing out the candles and did such a good job at doing it. We sung to him about ten times too. Each time, he blew out the candles. Funny boy.



Last year when Matthew got all dirty from his own birthday cake, my mom wanted to give him a bath. She remembered that this year and wanted to do the same thing with his new toys. He loves my mom and dad a lot.

Brooklyn patiently waiting for Matthew to get out of the bathroom.

2 comments:

sloan said...

you are the best mom EVER!!!!! love you and the cake turned out amazing!!!!!

Darren and Whitnee Young said...

I love your hair! And your Mickey Mouse party was sooo cute!!!