Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good-bye Army; Hello National Guard

On April 9, 2010, Ammon officially swore into the Utah National Guard. He's now part of the 19th Special Forces Group and is preparing to go to Selection in September. He'll go to Airborne, or jump school, for almost four weeks sometime in the summer. There was a show on the Discovery channel called Two Weeks in Hell. Ammon will be going through that for four weeks! Weird guy! We have already found out how different the National Guard is (even though it really is still the Army). The same day he swore in, he found out information right then and there. How different that is to what we've been going through since we got married! He'll have to go to Utah for three days every month, but it'll be good for him to see his family and to sleep on Nate's couch!

He is so excited for Special Forces. Once September is over and he comes back from Fort Bragg, NC, we'll be headed back there for a few years around the second week of October. Good thing? The Army will pay for it this time (supposedly)! Of course, this is all the plan NOW. We all know how that can change.

I was reading our emails we wrote to each other while he was in Iraq back in 2005. He told me then how much he'd like to do SF. I'm glad he is finally getting this opportunity. I know he will do a great job; he does that for anything that he tries. He doesn't quit and I know that this will be good for us. I'm not sure what sacrifices are in our future; I'm sure we'll have our share like every military family does, but I also know how much the Lord will watch over us. I'm absolutely convinced that the Lord is aware of the trials and losses military families go through and I know we will not be any different. With faith, everything will work out!

1 comments:

sloan said...

you made me teary eyed reading this.... that picture is awesome and I love knowing that Ammon is honoring his country because he loves it! that is very touching.... GO A-M-M-O-N!!!!!